Sunday, February 28, 2010

Some very sad news :(





My kitty cat Rex passed away this weekend. :( He was sick last week, but we were under the impression that he had some food allergies. He recovered within a few days so it's quite the shock that he passed away. We aren't too sure what happened, but there is a good chance it was a seizure. He's been living with my parents since I moved out, so he was truly grandmas boy. She's taking it pretty well, but I know we are all going to really miss "Mr. Personality."

3 comments:

  1. awwww man! :( So... sorry to hear that. I would definitely be crushed. Such cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Poor Rex! How was he sick? Throwing up or breathing troubles? I remember when you got him that doesn't seem that long ago but I guess it would have to be since we were still at the merv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica thank you!

    @Sarah thank you! well he had a bald spot on the back of his neck maybe a couple of inches high and long where he scratched his hair off. He wasn't acting like it was bothering him when we noticed it, but then that night he started running around and jumping off walls and stuff. My mom took him to the vet and they said it was maybe fleas or allergies but no one could find any fleas and my mom thought it was probably the seafood in the new cat food she got him. He got a steroids shot and was throwing up and walking around with his tail between his legs but after a day he was back to acting normal. It was a week after all this happened that he passed so I was REALLY shocked because I thought he was better.

    His birthday would have been this month and he would have been only 6. I kept saying to my mom "but he wasn't that old.." Poor little guy :( At least I know he didn't suffer because no one heard him making any noises and he wasn't acting crazy the night he passed.

    ReplyDelete