Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

It's hard to believe that it's ALREADY Valentines Day! This year we are celebrating a little differently because I have to work tonight. I got a very cute Mickey Mouse stuffed animal and tickets to see Disney on Ice on the 27th from Ronnie, and on Friday I took Ronnie to the 'Local Roots Winter Dining Celebration' inside the Eagle Tavern in Greenfield Village. It was a 5 course dinner where everything was made/grown locally. I'm still dreaming about how good the Cheddar Cheese soup was! While we were there we got to meet Nick Seccia, the executive chef at the Henry Ford. I wanted to take some pictures but it was pretty dark inside of the Eagle Tavern and we were so busy eating and talking that I completely forgot. Anyway, the food was so good that I can't wait to go and get our menu down pat.

Since Greenfield Village is closed for the season, we got to take the back route to get to the Eagle Tavern. The parking lot we parked in is the one that will be used for our wedding, so now we have a really clear idea of how that will work. We also drove over to the Hampton Inn, where Ronnie's Groomsmen will be staying. It's a lot closer than we had originally thought so that was a nice surprise!


The cake poll is coming to a close, and it looks like chocolate, yellow and strawberry are the forerunners! Thank you for helping out! Now I just need to figure out what kind of design we like the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment