Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wedding vision?

Trying to come up with a theme has been somewhat stressful for me. I about had a panic attack when I got an e-mail from a vendor saying that they would love to talk to me more about my 'wedding vision.' Although Ronnie and I love each other very much, I think it would be pretty fair to say that most of our major passions are pretty different! We are a pretty good example of left brain/right brain in my opinion. My first thought, considering our venue, was a vintage themed wedding but honestly it was a pretty vague thought and I was having a hard time pulling together ideas. My second thought was a Disney theme. We both love the place, and it would be easy to come up with a cake topper, favors and even some music. I haven't completely given up on this idea, but today I thought of something else:

Tea Party!

Ronnie loves his tea, and I like the idea because it is somewhat Alice in Wonderlandish. Here are some of my inspiration pictures.


Color palate:

Our wedding colors are the blue and the yellow so we could lean pretty heavily on those, but I like the idea of the pastels for some accent colors.


Centerpieces:
I love the layout of this table. (via Brandon Kidd Photography) but we could do fun centerpieces made from teapots instead of vases:



Ebay has some really cheap yet cute teapots, and since we will be inviting a lot of women (lets face it, my mom and dad both have a lot of sisters!) I think it would be pretty easy to get people to take the centerpieces with them.

Favors:

I really would LOVE to do something like this. Tea bags with tea cookies! It's a project from the Martha Stewart website and they have direction for all of it! Sadly we can't have food for favors so this is pretty much so a no go. I guess I could e-mail them and double check but it pretty much so bursts that bubble. Maybe teabags and the recipe...
I did come across a tutorial on hand sewn teabags. That is another idea that could work!

10 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I especially love the teapots-as-vases idea, and taking the Alice in Wonderland tea party into consideration as well. I'm also a big Disney fan, especially the vintage Disney items...you could always go with that too, if you wanted to play off of the location! You probably know from visiting Greenfield Village that there are lots of tea items for sale that might work with your decorations and/or favors (including a line of teas) - you could even have a bridesmaids' tea at Cotswold Cottage when it reopens in the summer! (I did this for my mom when she remarried a few years ago, with all the women in our family invited; it was so much fun.)

    I work at The Henry Ford and have been reading your blog for a while, mostly because I love weddings (even though I work in the media relations department) and you've had some really great ideas. I'm already married (celebrating five years tomorrow, actually!) - but otherwise I definitely would have come to you for some ideas! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate!
    I would have guessed that no one besides my mom and my best friend read this so it was a nice surprise to get your comment this afternoon!

    It's funny you said vintage Disney items because I had just been looking at vintage mickey and minnie figurines that I could possibly use for a cake topper about a week ago!

    We LOVE the shop in greenfield village! I've seen a few things that I would like to get for potential parents gifts but I was waiting for our extra member discount next month. Now I'll just have to stop in and pick up lots of teas. hehe

    Thank you for reading! Congratulations, and have a good anniversary tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aawwww I read your blogs Sara. :-) I just have been so busy lately that I can never post. I just ooohhh and awwww at all your ideas. LOL You are so... creative its awesome!
    I love the color palate and the tea party idea is very cool. Why cant you have food for favors? :( The centerpieces are unique and beautiful as well.... I'm sure between the two families they will be gone. LOL If I run across something I will be sure to share. Arent you so... happy that you have a year to plan?

    Jessica (your cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Someone else reads it! Hopefully you didn't see the picture of the card I mailed you before it came to you. I wasn't counting on it coming back to me. Aunt Judy teased me about writing so much, so I figured if anyone looked at it they would be scared off by how much I write haha

    I have no idea why we can't have food for favors. I'm pretty sure the contract says no outside food (aside from the cake) including favors but it doesn't specify why. I know there are a lot of things that we can't do to protect the historical buildings, but I don't know what the reason is for the favors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I didnt see the card..... lol ;-) I dont think they would have been scared off by how much you wrote but they would have had to felt pretty bad for intercepting a brides wedding invitation. lol

    Maybe they dont want any food because it can get a little messy and they dont want any bugs and stuff. Well I found a website you might like, not sure if you have already checked it out.
    http://www.beau-coup.com/tea-party-favors.htm?9gtype=search&9gkw=tea%20party%20favors&9gad=2758754978&gclid=CLC3s_bz5J0CFc5L5QodWBo-LQ

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having this as your theme doesn't get you out of having an unbirthday party with me but it is really awesome. You dont think they would allow tea bags as favors? Maybe you could find cheap tea cups and have your wedding date or your guys names on it. You could probably have the handmade empty tea bag and recipe in the tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jessica for some reason my phone won't let me look at the link. Ronnie and I are at work until tomorrow night and I didn't bring my computer on this trip because our lay overs are so short. Now I wish I would have!!
    They were probably reallllt scared by my hand writing. Hehe

    @Sarah heck yes we still need an unbirthday party. I want an excuse to wear an Alice outfit!!! I think they will let us have tea bags, just not tea cookies. I think the contract said no food or beverages but a tea bag is not really one of those so I think they should be okay. The teacup idea is a really good one! Now where to find personalized ones...

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay finding personalized tea cups was a pain. Wasted an hour and didnt find anything. One lady wrote on hers with a gold thin sharpie. There are rub on transfers or ceramic paint but wouldn't all of those need something to protect it for washing I'm seriously shocked that you can't just order a bunch of personalized tea cups. Shot glasses yes. Coffee cups yes. Tea cups no!

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay... you guys got to check out that website I posted above... LOL can you go to http://www.beau-coup.com from there you should be able to click on tea-party favors and browse around.... really some good ideas though for non food items. :-) Hope you like it.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jessica I just made it home from my 4 day trip and that site is awesome! I'm adding it to my favorites! Now to pick which one is the best...

    ReplyDelete