Thursday, October 1, 2009

Engagement at the Magic Kingdom

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
(I know, I know. We look like dorks but our little 'second engagement' was totally unexpected. )

Saturday the 26th of last month was a really hot day so Ronnie and I decided to take a slow day browsing around the Magic Kingdom. Our plan was to go through all of the shops on Main Street, and then go and ride some of the dark rides that were indoors. As we were looking around the stores, I stopped at the Jewelry counter in Uptown Jewelers. I've been looking for a unique necklace to wear with my gown, and I figured it wouldn't hurt to browse. As I was leaning over taking a closer look at something, one of the Main Street characters came over and saw my 'Just Engaged' button. Yes, I made Ronnie wear them :D. She started teasing me saying that my ring was so big that I shouldn't need any more jewelry. After we had a short chat, I spotted Ronnie trying to look inconspicuous by browsing things about 100 feet away. I brought her over to him and she asked us where we were from and then announced really loud in the store who we were, where we were from and that we were just engaged and then made everyone clap for us. Then she brought us outside to look for a photographer. When we got outside, she said to Ronnie, "How did you propose?" When he started telling her the story, she said "No no! You have to get down on one knee!" So we reenacted our whole proposal in front of the castle with one of the photographers taking our picture. It even included me getting all teary eyed! It was a lovely surprise to our vacation. I think Ronnie was pretty embarrassed (people were saying things like "Oh my god! he's proposing right there! Right now!) but in the end said he was happy about it, and that I should be pleased because I got my 'Disney World proposal.'

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Here is 2 pictures of us and the lady from the Magic Kingdom. If anyone knows what her name is please let me know! I've googled like crazy and I just can't find it. I'd like to write a letter to Disney and it would be nice to thank her personally.


We got a nice little 'just engaged' certificate from someone in the American Adventure over in EPCOT too, but I'm not motivated enough today to scan it. Perhaps later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment