Friday, October 2, 2009

A post about hair

One of the number one things I get asked about when I tell people I'm getting married is how I'm going to wear my hair. Admittedly I think about it quite a bit myself. It's probably one of the biggest folders of inspiration pictures that I have on my computer, so I guess it's about time I make a post about it.

I've always thought that I would wear my hair down on my wedding day, and in fact I must have told Ronnie one time that it was the only reason why I was growing it out because he teases me about it sometimes. The ugly truth about that my hair is that it is very fine which basically means if the wind blows too hard I have a giant knot of hair at the nape of my neck that has me crying with frustration trying to brush it out. I suppose having it down is possible, but I wouldn't do it without some kind of extensions to make it more thick and since extensions seem to be pretty highly priced they're pretty much so out of the question.

My second thought was for some kind of wavy up-do:
but again, I think my hair is too fine for these styles, as cute as they might be.

What I'm liking the most right now are vintage-ish hairstyles.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



And I've got to admit, I just love this:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

My only concern is that there isn't very many people who seem to specialize in vintage hairstyling in the metro Detroit area. Or if there are a bunch of people, I'm having a really hard time finding them via google! If anyone knows of anyone please kindly point me in their direction!



2 comments:

  1. There is an lj vintage hair community that i check out from time to time. I thought I remembered at least a couple people from mi on there. I would post a question on there and see if they are any help. http://community.livejournal.com/vintagehair/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might actually be a member of the community too now that you mention it. I went on a big hair kick and joined a few and then forgot about them... That is an awesome idea, I shall try it out when it gets closer to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete