Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I finished my stockings

Lace stockings
Front

Lace Stockings
Back

Lace Stockings
Side

I'm happy to report that I've finally finished knitting up my stockings. There was quite a few times when I wanted to tear these things apart and quit working on them, but I finished them a few days ago and I really love them.

The problem is, they don't match my dress. I knew before I bought my wedding dress that I didn't want a stark white dress. I purchased the yarn and started knitting these prior to getting my dress. I ordered my dress in an ivory, but it's so close to a white that I can't really tell the difference. It's hard to tell in the pictures (I'm guessing because of the lighting) but the yarn is a natural color so when I put them on with my dress they look very yellow. Plus my shoes are peep toes and I don't really want to wear stockings with them. I don't think I'll delegate these to the back of the closet just yet though because they are just so pretty, they will just have to be non-wedding stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment