Thursday, July 30, 2009

More dress shopping

My mother, Sarah and I went dress shopping yesterday and I tried on the 4 dresses I liked the most again to see how I felt the second time. I'm pretty sure I've decided which dress I'm going to get

.
I think that this dress is the most flattering on my figure and that it really fits with the historical setting of Greenfield Village. They only had the champagne color in the store (at least I think, I had a different sales woman this time and I didn't like her as much) but I think I would like mine in a white.

Sarah tried on a few bridesmaid dresses as well when we were there.
This one looked really cute on Sarah so I think this will be the bridesmaids dresses! No luck on the pockets though, so I'm not sure how I'm going to get Sarah to hold all of my goodies. Ha Ha just kidding!

Another thing I've been looking at lately is veils. Now that I'm pretty sure that I will be getting the dress pictured above, I really think I want to get a birdcage veil.






The only thing is I haven't been able to find a fascinator that I really like. Today while browsing etsy, I found some really beautiful combs that I like. They are all from The Honey Comb. Trying to decide which one I like the best is the hardest part!


2 comments:

  1. I like the top right one the best. You could make one too. It wouldn't be that hard I have a couple hot glue guns. There is still time to look for dresses with pockets. Your dress is so pretty it seems like a shame to have a long veil cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh a hot glue gun! that is one craft thing that I am seriously lacking in so we may need to have a glue gun party!

    Well the cape WAS tempting. I'm kidding, a long veil just doesn't feel very me. I was trying to explain it to Ronnie when I got home. I don't want something that's too 'princessey' if that makes sense. I'm liking more vintagy type stuff.

    ReplyDelete