Tuesday, July 21, 2009

396 days and counting

According to the knot, Ronnie and I have 396 days left until our wedding. I have been feeling pretty accomplished lately. We have our venue and reception place booked, signed a contract and paid a deposit to the photographer, picked our honeymoon spot and I've been getting a lot of ideas for how I would like to make most of our wedding stationary (save the dates, programs, invitations etc) I felt like I was ahead of the game so far, and then today I got our planning timeline and event work sheet in the mail. It's almost insane how much we still have left to do before a year is up, and I'm not just talking about vendor related things. This packet came with questions like "how many toasts will be given at the reception?". I realize I don't have to have most of this information turned in until about a month before the ceremony, but it still felt pretty overwhelming. The ceremony detailer alone was enough to make me put the thing back into the envelope and start browsing the knot for mindless things to look at to distract myself. Now I know why people elope. I think sometime this week I'm going to try to give Ronnie a list of some vendors to contact to at least get some pricing information so we have a little more done.

So what was I browsing on the knot? Flowers!





There aren't very many blue flowers out there, although I have to admit I'm quite partial to hydrangeas. I didn't manage to save any hydrangea bouquet pictures today since my computer was acting up, but I'm sure I will be posting some in the near future.

Something else I came across these while browsing the weddingbee today:



I never was really all the great with origami, but it sure would be fun to be able to make a bunch of these for isle decorations for the ceremony...

No comments:

Post a Comment