Friday, July 9, 2010

The Invitations Post!

I have 3 e-mails that are wedding related which I should be taking care of, but instead I’m updating my blog. So goes my life. :D

I had every intention of making a post last week in regards to our invitations but I just couldn’t talk myself into doing it. While I was dragging my feet, Megan made a post about them on HER blog! Her pictures are much prettier than mine, so please do check them out. Also, she’s adding the design to her collection, and naming it after RONNIE! He’s famous!

You might remember a few posts ago where I talked about all of the things I did to our invitations. We loved the plain ivory invitations because they reminded us of an old news paper, but I wanted to add a little splash of our wedding color. Megan does make belly bands and everything you can imagine for stationary, but I had a certain budget which meant I had to get creative with items I could get at a good price at a craft store. Here are the results:




This is what our apartment looked like while I was at work.


Here is what the invitations looked like out of the box. This is the front of the RSVP envelope (there was nothing on the back), the front of the invitation, the RSVP, and the back of the invitation envelope.

The front of the invitation and the RSVP side by side.

RSVP envelope, the back of the invitation, the RSVP card and the back of the invitation envelope.

Here is everything laid out flat. RSVP, invitation back with the front next to it, RSVP envelope, the belly band, the monogram and website card and then a calligraphy envelope, and an envelope that has been lined.


Here is everything laid out with the belly band assembled. I used the belly bands because I didn't have an inner envelope. To make the belly bands, I took the leftover wrapping paper from making the envelope liners (I had to buy 2 rolls) and cut them into long strips that were about 1 and a half inches wide, and long enough to wrap around everything when it was stacked together. I did calligraphy on them the same way I did with the envelopes. I googled '2 inch square template for word' to come up with the monogram square. I typed our initials into the word template and printed out a bunch of sheets of them. I had either the same font, or one really similar to the one that Megan used so that made it match pretty well. To make the website card, I had a business card template that came with word that I used to type in the website information. Ronnie had some resume card stock that was in almost the same color as our invitations so that's what I printed everything on, and used a glue runner to glue everything down.

All put together.

Going in the envelope!

and ready to be mailed!

As you can see, I used the wedding cake/wedding rings stamps from the post office. I know some people really get matchy matchy with their stamps but to be honest that was the last thing I worried about, and after the calligraphy and invitations themselves, the stamps got the most compliments. Go figure :)


No comments:

Post a Comment