Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A new layout

Well, I finally got around to personalizing our blog. I've been thinking about doing it since I started the blog, but I just haven't had the time. I finished up the image this morning and used one of bloggers new templates to polish everything up. What do you guys think?



As expected, our invitations arrived last week! Here is a little sneek peek:


Okay, not such a good sneek peek, but I still want you guys to be excited when you get them! I've been doing some work on them I'm almost done! Here's what I added to them:

  • Calligraphy - I didn't end up making a lightbox, I just used the glass from a picture frame and placed it over a lamp. The only problem with doing this, was that I had to stand up while writing on on the envelopes. Thank God I didn't have to address hundreds of them!
  • Envelope liners - I bought a roll of blue wrapping paper, and used these directions to make liners for them. I used the left over wrapping paper to make belly bands.
  • Belly Bands - I made ours somewhat similar to these, but since we aren't using an inner envelope I wrote our guests names on the band. I think they came out looking great!
  • Website cards - You guys may remember the map I posted in my last entry. It took me about 2 days and I finished it up, printed it out annnnd it looked really pixelated. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to print looking nice. I really couldn't talk myself into making a new one, so I made website cards and I think I'll post the map on our website.
When I look it over, it doesn't seem like it's very much, but it was a lot of work! Ronnie helped with a lot of cutting and gluing and I'm ALMOST finished up. I still need addresses for a few people, and another sheet of stamps but that's pretty much so it! It took me A LOT less time than I thought it would. Yesterday we mailed out the invitations to our parents and one to Ronnie's sisters family just to make sure everything gets there safely. When I was google-ing calligraphy I came across a bunch of postage horror stories so I figured it's better to be safe than sorry especially since we have so many to mail.

That's really all that's going on this week, Saturday is our wedding shower and I'm going to bring my camera and try to round someone up to take pictures for me so I can post them here for you guys who can't make it to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment