Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Less than 2 months out

I meant to make a post 2 days ago because it was 2 months away from our wedding, but we've just been so busy that I haven't had the time!

Monday afternoon Ronnie and I headed up to the post office to mail out our invitations. When I mailed out the 3 invites for our parents and Ronnie's sister, I had asked to have them hand canceled. What is hand canceling? You can read about it here. When I asked, the lady working she said "They still have to go through the computer." I didn't really want to cause a fuss over something so small so I just said "oh, okay." and we left assuming that they were just going to be sent the regular ole' way. When I went over to my moms a few days later to look at hers I was pleased to see that they had hand canceled for me. Which brings me to Monday. I finally got a hold of the last address I needed, and got a refill for my calligraphy pen so I finished off the last invite. At this point, I thought maybe I was being a little too weird worrying about the envelopes, but when I asked Ronnie what he thought, he agreed that it looked nicer and said it wouldn't hurt to ask. Of course, it was the same lady as last time and it was slammed in there so I thought the lady would tell me to buzz off considering I had 50+ invites, but actually she was very nice and said they couldn't do it right away, but someone would do it as soon as possible. When I called my mom today, she said that Aunt Thelma got hers Tuesday morning so I'm hoping everyone else will get theirs soon.

I've been meaning to make a post about my weight loss and how it was going, but it wasn't going so great so I didn't get around to it. When I went for my last dress fitting, my dress that previously fit perfectly was snug and I was pretty devastated because I had been working so hard with the running. I think I had lost maybe 4 pounds, but the doctor put me on hormones for my dysmenorrhea (I'll bet you weren't coming here today expecting to read about THAT! haha) which is what I'm assuming made me gain probably 8 or 9 pounds. I hadn't been previously dieting, I was eating whatever I wanted to but running 5 days a week. I took myself off the hormones, the doctor prescribed me some pain meds and about 3 weeks ago I started using Lose it! to count calories. To lose 1 pound a week it's given me a budget of about 1,400 calories a day. At first I thought it was going to be really hard, but I've found that eating at home gives me A LOT of room to play with. On Sunday I was down 7 pounds from January and I'd like to lose about 5 more. I think that's manageable in a little less than 2 months.

Now for a few small things:


Aunti Kay and the Crisi crew got us one of the personalized plates I really wanted from Greenfield Village! We are on the hunt for a plate hanger that will hold something in it's size so we can hang it up.

Next week we're going with my mom and Kevin to get fitted for his tux. Ronnie Sr. went last week and my dad will go... I'm not sure! Sometime before the wedding haha!

Ronnie and I were looking through our wedding scrapbook and he accidentally saw a picture of me in my dress while browsing. It was just the back, and I tried to turn the page really quick, but he was REALLY excited about it and wanted to see the whole thing. I told him no :)

No comments:

Post a Comment