Friday, January 29, 2010

So much wedding stuff this week!

Today Ronnie and I went to our appointment with Shutterbooth. I contacted them after the Bridal Show to see if they had any availability on our date, and they gave me a call to go in for an appointment to meet their people and test drive the booth. First I have to say that they are super friendly. The booth its self was very large, so it will fit a lot of people at once and the quality of the printed pictures is GREAT! Sarah had used the company that we were previously going to go with at James' work Christmas party and she warned me that the black and white quality wasn't the greatest so I was pretty worried about it. I'm not sure how well the scan looks, but in person it's crystal clear! We had so much fun in there (enlarge the sample and look at the last picture of Ronnie, I laughed for a good five minutes) that I put down our down payment while we were there! So, we have the photobooth for 4 hours (it came with the prop box, not sure how much people will use them) and the guestbook. They also offered something called "Eventis" that we signed up for. I can't find anything about it on their website, but basically it's something for sharing pictures. What will happen is, our guest can take their memory cards from their cameras and put it in the little computer and all of their pictures from our wedding will go onto a website and a DVD for us! It's SO much more convenient for everyone and I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

Our Save the Date magnets went out in the mail so I think it's pretty safe to post pictures of them now:

I designed the little logo for the front of the envelopes, but not everyone got one with them on there because I had also added our address to them and it made one come back to us (oops) since I didn't have too many extra envelopes, I hand wrote a few. Speaking of handwriting...


I bought this book from half.com today. I figure I have enough time to try to learn calligraphy before the invitations get shipped here. It's SO expensive to have someone else do it that I'd like to learn it myself. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

My mom and I went to our first cake tasting on Wednesday. I picked a smaller place that was closer to Greenfield Village thinking that it might cut back on the delivery charges. The staff was very friendly, but the cake was not so good. I made another appointment with a different place on the 5th of next month so I'm hoping that it will be more eventful.

Here is one of my lovely finds from etsy. I got it for my gown pictures on the wedding day. It's not super sturdy so it will probably be used for something light after the wedding. I think the seller did an EXCELLENT job, it's just so darn cute!

I'm still working on making some socks to match my wedding shoes. The picture is from my first attempt. It came out looking great, but they're a bit tight. I'm pretty far along on my second try and it's going a lot better. Ronnie probably won't wear them for the whole wedding, but I really only wanted them for a few pictures.

ANNND the last thing we got done this week (I told you it was a lot!) was flower pricing! I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but I used to work at a florist. I was VERY worried that the prices for flowers were going to be crazy so I was dreading doing it. We went into the place I used to work at and talked to the owner and she is giving us an INSANE deal on the flowers! I was honestly shocked! Here is the bouquet I picked our for the bridesmaids, except it will be done in yellows instead of greens:
Mine will be the same, only bigger and with all white flowers. I'm so excited and I can't wait! As soon as we have the cake figured out I'm pretty sure ALL of our vendors will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment