Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Yummiest Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I've been on a huge baking kick over the last few months, and I've found the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies:

Ingredients

* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 teaspoons hot water
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.





One thing I can say from experience is let the butter soften on its own. I made these around Christmas time and I was in a bit of a hurry so I melted the butter in the microwave. When the cookies were done they were pretty instantly hard and not so good. I made them again last night, letting the butter do it's own thing and they we re absolutely the best! Nice and soft in the middle and just a bit crispy on the outside. It's too bad we don't ever really do cookie exchanges or anything like that at my work, because when I bake most of the time the stuff stays here and we eat it all. So much for running 2 1/2 miles a day...

And so this post has some wedding stuff in it, here is the new veil I ordered:


I won't have the headband with my veil, because I want to have a flower in my hair. Here is what my old veil looked like. I just thought it looked a little too informal with my dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment