Sunday, January 24, 2010

Darryl thinks he's such a man because he works in a warehouse. Well big deal. I worked in a warehouse. Men's Warehouse.

Today Ronnie and I went to The Mens Wearhouse to get started on Tux stuff. We had no idea how early we should start doing this. A few of Ronnie's groomsmen are from out of state and we weren't sure what would happen with them. As it turns out, everyone has until AUGUST 7th to get fitted. Men have it so easy. Anyway while we were in there we ended up getting everything done, I just have to talk to my mom and see if my dad wants a tux. We put him down for one, but it sounds like Ronnie's dad might be wearing a suit.

We started talking about this last night, because Ronnie asked another one of his friends to be a groomsman. Now we have 6! I updated our wedding website last night to add him. Ronnie's groomsmen from out of state are all friends, so they've all been talking about flights, hotels and car rentals. I'm actually surprised at how excited Ronnie has been getting about this!

I had some concerns about the size of the chapel (it's on the smaller side!) so I started looking up ceremonies that have already happened there. I couldn't find too many, but these pictures show some good sized wedding parties and how they were laid out.

Source: A Thousand Words Photography & Kari Douma Photography

I like the second layout with the Maid of Honor and Best Man up top with the Bride and the Groom. I think once Greenfield Village is open again for the season I'll go back into the chapel just to have a look, because pictures can only be so helpful when I'm trying to figure things out.

Today I called our hotels to see about shuttle servies from the hotels to Greenfield Village. The Dearborn Inn offers one, but I need to get with sales to figure out how that will all work out. Tomorrows wedding plans will include putting ALL of the Save the Dates in the mailbox, and calling around to make appointments for wedding cake tastings. My mom is going to help me make (and by help I mean she will probably be doing most of the work because she is much better at this craft than me!) one of my bridesmaid gifts so we're going to go shopping for the supplies this week. Flowers are next on our to do list!

2 comments:

  1. man.... I wish I was there... I would TOTALLY be helping you. :( I got my save the date in the mail and I need to start arranging with my mom the details of when we will leave and where we will be staying. I didnt want to jump the gun though unless something else comes up.... like you mentioning the shuttle service. LOL We will most likely have a car though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nice thing about the computer is I can take care of a lot of stuff with it, but i think the cake and the flowers are going to be the worst thing to take care of because there is so much to take into consideration. I'm not looking forward to it!

    The Hampton doesn't have a shuttle, but I figured no one was really going to want to drive back to the hotel after the reception. I have no idea if they even have one that goes that last so I need to get to e-mailing someone

    ReplyDelete