Sunday, November 29, 2009

Breaking out my dress

There was a discussion recently on the wedding community I'm a member of, asking how often us future brides take our wedding dress out of the bag. There were some people who said they left their gowns at the salon to keep themselves from putting it on all the time. I have to admit, when I first brought mine home I put it on quite a few times. I've gotten better about leaving it hanging in the closet, but every time I get something new for the wedding, I like to bring it out and see how everything looks.

Since my necklace came in the mail, I haven't had any time yet to try it on with my dress since Ronnie and I have had all of our days off together, but he's at work tonight so I brought got them both out and tried them on:


Trying it on with the dress has made me wonder, does it look too gold? Also, since it is one long necklace wrapped around multiple times, it is hard to keep it in any kind of order. I was trying it on with some draped in the back and while walking around it would roll back to the front. There is probably a way for me to keep it from doing that, but I'll need to play with it a bit before figuring it out.

5 comments:

  1. Ur dress is beautiful!! Its hard to tell about the necklace and dress through pictures... sometimes you just have to see it in person. You should ask your BFF to stop by and check it out... LOL The close up picture of the necklace and dress looks good though. I have a few of those wrap around necklaces and after you bought yours I was like MAN... I could have sent mine to you. If you like I can still send them and see if you like any? They always got caught in my hair and did rearrange throughout the night. It would kinda end up like a choker with the others long. LOL
    Can ronnie see your blog??? You dont mind him seeing all the details about you and the dress before the wedding?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I don't have a full length mirror in the apartment, the only one is in the bathroom and the lighting isn't the best in there. I'll have to wrangle Sarah and my mom to come over and tell me what they think about the color.

    I'm a little worried that my necklace will do that to me too! I'll probably have my hair up, but I don't want it to get too sloppy looking in my pictures!

    Ronnie doesn't read the blog, I told him that I would be posting about my dress and things like that so he decided that he didn't want to read it. He has been very adamant that he doesn't want to see my dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if we could get some gold fasteners to hook on the sides to keep it gathered the way you want it. It didnt look that gold when I saw it but I can stop by on the weekend. Just lock ronnie outside for a few minutes. The gold looks great with your yellow Pocahontas hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @skarnzy oh that's a good idea, now where to find some.... It didn't look super gold to me, until I put it on with my dress then I started to worry that it looked a little dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some Micheals stores have a jewelry making section

    ReplyDelete