Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A small post with a few things

Ronnie and I are leaving for our vacation tomorrow. We are driving down to Disney World! We're off for 2 weeks, but I'm not quite sure yet when we're going to come home so I thought I would do a little update before I leave.

I finished up my 'Will you be my bridesmaid' cards. They were the paper craft I posted about 2 posts ago. I gave Amy and Sarah theirs in person last week and this week I will be giving Ronnies sister hers. I sent 2 others out in the mail today, and I'm hoping the girls who will be receiving theirs in the mail won't be seeing this post before they get them.


I used this tutorial here to make these. I had originally intended to write out the cards by hand, but my hand writing was just way too sloppy so I spent way longer than I should have designing them in photoshop before I even started making the little paper dolls. I made everything, including the envelopes so I'm hoping they hold up in the mail. I'd hate for someone to open theirs up and see that they are bald... They took me forever to make, but I had a whole lot of fun. I showed them to my mom today and she asked me to make one for her, so it looks like I shouldn't retire the scissors and constrution paper just yet. I should also mention that Ronnie says his sister does not have red hair. I say its auburn, but my construction paper choices are limited so I hope Christina is not too upset about it. :)

In other news, I picked up my dress a few days ago! David's Bridal didn't even call me to tell me it was in, I got an e-mail about it that I didn't even see for about 4 days. I ordered mine in an all ivory since they don't carry this color in the store. I was hoping that it would look okay and I have to say I love the dress even more now in the ivory color. My shoes came in the mail too so I got to try on the ensemble togehter. The shoes are a little darker than the color of my dress, but I don't think it looks too bad so I'm keeping them!

We haven't gotten any thing else done lately, but when I get back from vacation I will be working on my Save the Dates. Hopefully they will be finished off and mailed out by the end of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment