Monday, August 24, 2009

Less than a year out, lots of stuff going on

Earlier this week I got a phone call from the lady who has been helping me out at David's Bridal to tell me that they were having a sale. I decided to go up there and see if there was anything new that I would like to try on. I kept going back the dress that I posted in this post, it was on sale so I decided to just go ahead and order it. I had originally intended on ordering it in a petite, but the sales lady said she didn't think I was short waisted and therefore didn't need it. I guess I won't worry too much about it. I am a little worried about the alterations, people seem to say that they are hit or miss at David's Bridal in general, but I can't find any reviews about the store I bought mine from. I'm thinking I will see what kind of quote they will give me and then decide from there. I did find an alterations place in Ann Arbor just in case.

I picked up my veil as well while I was there. It looks like this:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I've been playing with it whenever Ronnie is not around (he doesn't want to see any of my attire until the wedding day) and I'm kind of wishing I would have just gotten one of the shorter ones that I liked on etsy. Oh well, c'est la vie!

They also showed me a new little flower girl dress that matches my gown.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
One of our flower girls is our little god daughter Alexis (Ronnies niece) and she will only be about 25 months old at the time of our wedding. The dress looks a little too old for her but I'll have to ask Ronnie's sister and mother what they think.



We haven't really planned anything else lately. I was going to start working on our honeymoon plans, we are doing a Disney Cruise with a stay at Disney World after, but they are doing a new thing with their land and sea packages so they aren't up for ordering just yet. On my next set of days off I'm going to get in touch with the officiant we are thinking of using. Ronnie did call 4 DJ's but we only heard back from 1 of them, that's something I'm going to need to work on. Also, by the end of my next 4 day trip our engagement pictures should be here so I can start designing our Save the Dates, I'm going to do something completely different than what I had originally planned. I did a little mock up of what they would look like and I just really wasn't pleased with them. I'm probably just going to do magnets. Unoriginal I know, but totally less time and stress consuming.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I have been seriously considering ordering these invitations. I love the vintage look of them, and the letter pressing I'm just a bit concerned with the wording on it. I'm sure it's customizable, but I had hoped to put my parents names on them which I'm not entirely sure is possible in that little space at the top. To be honest though they are the only invitations that I've really liked so far, and I've spent wayyyyy too much time looking different types.

Last but not least, my yarn came for the stocking I'm going to make for our big day. They will look like the pictures I've posted below, but they will come up higher on my thigh and will be a more natural ivoryish color instead of a stark white. I'm currently working on a sweater which is about 75% done so these are next on my list!



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment