Monday, September 13, 2010

The Honeymoon Post Part 1


Today was my first official day back from work after my honeymoon. While I can't say it was the best day at work ever, it certainly wasn't the worst. After being gone for almost a full month I was really worried that I would forget all of my announcements. I actually DID forget them, but before I went into work last night I spent 30 minutes re-reading and reciting them and I'm happy to report that I still knew them, I think I just blocked them from my memory while being away.

I can't believe how quickly were creeping up on one month of being married! My highlights are growing out, and the sunburn I got while on our cruise has faded into a tan and is slowly fading back into my normal pale skin. I figured it's high time I make an actual post about how our honeymoon went. You're probably wondering why I'm making a honeymoon post before I make a wedding post. Well, I wanted to wait to post about the wedding until after I get our thank you cards mailed out. I'm going to do our thank you cards after we get our pictures which should be sometime soon. Also, I wanted to get everyone's pictures organized and uploaded before posting, so it might take a little while. In the mean time I'll start with our honeymoon since I have all of those pictures uploaded (almost 700!!). I'm going to split the entries so I'm not overwhelmed trying to update. So without further ado, here is the honeymoon post, part 1!

The Sunday morning after the wedding, Ronnie and I woke up rather early for breakfast and to run a few errands. We picked up the tuxedos for Ronnie's groomsmen from out to state to drop off, went to breakfast with the Mickalichs and made our way home before noon. Once we got home it was time to put all of our wedding stuff away, do some laundry and pack. It was almost 8 p.m. before we made our way to my parents to get a peek at our wedding video and to show them our guest book from Shutter booth. It was about 9 p.m. when we got on the road. The road trip was LONG. The good thing about leaving at night is there is almost no traffic, but the bad thing is we were tired almost the whole trip. We had to stop about 3 times to take a nap. We finally made it around 6 on Monday. We didn't have anything planned until Tuesday, so we went to bed to sleep until our 9:50 reservations at the Crystal Palace.

(my breakfast plate at the Crystal Palace. Yum!)
(Ronnie, Tigger and I)

I think I could have happily sat around eating in there all day, the breakfast was so yummy and it's really pretty in there. As you can see, they put a little heart on our table and gave us a card for our honeymoon. It was really cute! We spent the rest of the day wandering around the Magic Kingdom, and then went to EPCOT for the evening.

(from our favorite ride in EPCOT, Spaceship Earth)

We had dinner at la cava del tequila, so I could have another one of their yummy avocado margaritas. They just opened up the new pizza place in the Italy Pavilion, but we actually didn't try it out this trip. We will have to save that for another time.



No comments:

Post a Comment