Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sorry for the lull in posting lately. I've been away for work and I haven't been taking my computer with me. Have I mentioned how glad I am to be going back to midnights next month?

Working 13 hours a day hasn't been very conducive to working out. I did run a few days when I had longish layovers, but to be honest I haven't even measured myself this month since I haven't been very active. The good news is, I had to order new work uniforms this month and I ordered them in a size 2! To be honest, I think the company that makes our uniforms makes them the opposite way of whatever bridal shops use because there is no way I'm actually a size 2, but it is a size down from the uniforms I wore last year so I'm counting it as a small success.

Yesterday Sarah, Amy and I finally had a few hours off together so we made our way up to David's Bridal to look at dresses. We looked at 2 dresses while we were there.



The first dress was the one that I originally picked, but the second one just came out for this summer. They look similar enough that I thought maybe we could get away with using both, but both Sarah and Amy looked awesome in the first dress so it worked out great!


We got a surprise pre-wedding gift in the mail from Auntie Sandy. Really giant (and awesome) margarita glasses! I was working when they came in the mail, so Ronnie took this picture and sent it to me. We really got a kick out of them, and what's even better, I only need to fill the glass once before getting tipsy. Thank you Aunt Sandy, we love them!

I have a few small things left to do this month. My alterations appointment is on the 22nd, but I'm going to try to reschedule it to one of my moms days off because I really don't want to go alone. My schedule came out on the 16th so there are a few days where my mom, Ronnie and I are off so we can make a tasting and planning meeting with the Henry Ford and lastly this weekend we are going to try to get some planning done for our rehearsal dinner.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm going to attempt to enjoy it before the weather gets cold here again!

4 comments:

  1. WOW a size 2.... girl u are a little skinny minny now huh. Loved the veil your mom made in the pre post and the cakes look yummy. You guys are cruising right along with the wedding checklist. Hopefully you will be stress free as the wedding gets closer. :-) I havent went to try on my dress yet, wasnt sure how that all works. Do they measure you and then order the dress?? I wasnt sure if they had the dress in the store already or not. The dress is really cute too.... have to say I think the 1st is cuter then the second though, I guess its just the fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha well I wish I was an actual size 2 but it's just the way they size our work uniforms. When I looked at the size chart at our uniform company, it said to order a SIZE TEN! Well I ordered a 4 because that's what I had last year but when they came I tried one on and it looked like a mumu.

    It's been pretty great so far having everything pretty much so done. I'm hoping that there won't be very many last minute things that will freak me out before the wedding, but right now I think I'm pretty ahead of the game!

    No they don't measure you, you just look for the style number (F13277) in the store, and they will have a whole bunch of sizes and colors on the rack. You try on a few (the color doesn't matter) to find out which one fits you best and then you just have to tell one of the sales ladies what size you need and that you need it in the 'pool' color and they will order it for you. I think they do have all of the dress information in the computer, but make sure you tell them my name and wedding date so they give you the discount on the dress!

    I liked the first one much better too. I really loved the neckline on the second dress, it's been in a few bridal magazines and so I wanted to see it in person but the problem was it had a pretty full skirt so it wasn't nearly as flattering as the first one.

    phew sorry for writing a novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 2nd dress looks alot cuter in the photograph then it does in person. Thats really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a David's Bridal ad in one of my many bridal magazines and that's where I first saw it and really liked it. Then when I started looking through the website, I honestly thought they were the same, but now that I see them side by side you can really tell the difference in the skirt. The first one is for sure the cutest!

    ReplyDelete