Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Food Tasting!!!

Today Ronnie, my mother and I went to our food tasting at the Henry Ford! This is one of the only things that Ronnie was SUPER excited about. It was mostly for picking out the main entree, but we also tasted the salads and the hors d'oeuvers. Of course I took a bunch of pictures so I thought I would share with everyone.

Ronnie, inside of Lovett Hall.

The hors d'oeuvers. Tomato basil bruschetta. Curry charred scallops with citrus honey glaze and sweet potato puree. Barbecued pork and smoked Gouda sliders.

Ronnie sampling a scallop.

Ronnie enjoying a salad with a garden salad in the foreground.

The other 2 salad choices. On the left is a spinach and mango salad with candied walnuts and a raspberry dressing and on the right is the caesar salad.

Stuffed Chicken breast: Sun-Dried tomato, spinach and boursin with roasted
tomato basil coulis

Filet and Chicken: Basil Parmesan-crusted chicken, tomato artichoke ragout and petite filet


So which salad and entree did we pick? For the salad we picked the spinach and mango one. The dressing was SO good, and don't even get me started on the candied walnuts. For the entree, Ronnie and my mom both LOVED the filet and chicken. Ronnie said the chicken breast was a little bland after tasting the other food. So for right now it looks like the main course will be pretty similar to the last picture but with broccoli instead of the asparagus. My favorite thing about the food? In the last picture, on the top left there are some white almost tofu looking things? They are actually a cheese potato. Emily called them 'fancy scalloped potatoes.' They were DELICIOUS! Speaking of Emily, she was just as nice in person as her emails and phone calls. She was just lovely!



As a small aside, I've been trying to keep up with the Disney Wedding blog. I've been reading it since Carly was planning her own wedding, and lately she has been spotlighting a lot of things from Disney Weddings at the Tokyo park. I just came across one today I thought would be fun to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment