Monday, December 14, 2009



Last night I finished up the majority of our Christmas cards and dropped them in the mailbox. I sent out a little wallet size photo from our engagement shoot with all of our cards. I also won our cake topper on ebay last night:

I really wanted a custom cake topper, but the thought of spending over $100 bucks on something that will probably get packed up and never used again seemed pretty useless. I had originally e-mailed Ronnie's mom to see if she could find us one in Disney World, but she called me last night with the ebay listing that was more than half off the original price! Only one other person ended up bidding at the last minute but in the end I happily won! I think I want a pretty subdued cake color wise, so this topper will look really nice. Plus Mickey and Minnie will fit in with the rest of my Mickey collection after the wedding! Here are some of my cake inspiration pictures:

I think the first one with the cupcakes is my favorite. What do you guys think?

In other news, I have our date held with deux adore for hair and makeup. I'm just waiting for the contract to come in the mail. We're also slowly in the process of checking room rates for hotels in the area of the wedding and seeing about room blocks. Our Save the Date magnets came in the mail and they're super cute. I bought some address labels to spruce up the envelopes but I won't start mailing them out until we have the hotel situation figured out and until sometime after Christmas so they don't get mixed in with all of the card madness. I only ordered 25 of them and now I'm wishing I got more because it seems like everyone wants one! I'll post some pictures once they're mailed out and people have started receiving them!

3 comments:

  1. SUPER cute cake topper... Congrats on winning!
    I think the cakes are all gorgeous but I agree with you on the 1st one with the cupcakes. The flowers also look really beautiful with the cake and if your sticking with the tea party theme... it adds a nice touch to the. The cupcakes efinitely seems to be a popular idea with weddings lately and I think.... its cheaper than the average wedding cake right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the kitchen and randomly noticed that your picture is on the fridge. I guess your card arrived. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jessica I agree! It seems like more and more people are getting cupcakes! I would think it's probably cheaper, but I haven't done very much cake shopping yet. Just looking at yummy pictures!

    @sarah now I just need to get Pepito up there and we will be a part of the family... haha

    ReplyDelete